Mangala Dosha (IAST: Maṅgala-doṣa), also known as Mangal Dosh, Kuja Dosha, Bhom Dosha or Angarakha Dosha, because of schwa deletion, is a Hindu superstition prevalent in India and Nepal. A person born under the influence of Mars, Mangala, which is placed in Ascendant, 2nd house, 4th house, 7th house, 8th house or 12th house in the birth chart; and as per Hindu astrology is said to have mangala dosha, the mars defect; such a person is called a Mangalik or Manglik.
In Indian Astrology, Mangal Dosha is considered as the foremost component to be judged at the time of Kundli Milan or Horoscope Matching. It is a commonly found dosha that may affect men and women equally. One of the most formidable outcomes associated with Mangal Dosha is its influence on the longevity of spouse and the conjugal relationship. It is believed that the marriage between a Manglik and a non-Manglik is disastrous.
Mangal Dosha Characteristics
- People of both sexes can be Manglik.
- The planet of Mars represents respect, energy, ego and self-esteem. Manglik individuals have a volatile temper, and face a lot of problems in bending and adjusting with their partners.
- The energy of Manglik individuals is like fire, and when not used in doing something constructive, can become ruthless.
- Mangal Dosha affects married life, mental state, and can lead to financial loss.
- Manglik individuals born on Tuesday have their negative effects nullified.
- Marriage between two Manglik individuals cancels the negative effects.
There are certain conceptions associated with presence of Mars in different house with Mangal Dosha like:
- Mars present in Ascendant or in 1st house, indicates health problems, delayed marriage, stubborness and incoherency.
- Mars present in 2nd house, indicates worries, expenditure, internal disputes.
- Mars present in 4th house, indicates marriage harmed by Karmas, lack of domestic peace.
- Mars present in 7th house, indicates unhappy married life.
- Mars present in 8th house, indicates problematic married life, decrease in longevity and fife expectancy.
- Mars present in 12th house, indicates financial problems, impotency, prone to accident and lack in sexual pleasure.
Manglik Dosha Cancellation
The negative influence of Manglik Dosha is cancelled, when:
- Manglik boy marry a Manglik Girl.
- Mars is in 1st house in Aries.
- Mars is in 2nd house in Aries or Scorpio.
- Mars is in 4th house in Gemini or Virgo.
- Mars is in 7th house in Cancer or Capricorn.
- Mars is in 8th house in Sagittarius or Pisces.
- Mars is in 12th house in Taurus or Libra.
North Indian astrologers don't consider second house while evaluating Mangal Dosha, while South Indian astrologers don't consider first house while evaluating Mangal Dosha in a birth horoscope. However, there is consensus that both houses should be considered while evaluating Mangal Dosha and we do consider first as well as second house while evaluating Mangal Dosha.
Manglik Dosha Remedies to Negate
Knowing the severity of the impact of Manglik Dosha, if there is a difference in the Kundli then such marriage is not allowed and should not happen. Usually, in such cases, Manglik Dosh remedy is performed. The difference in Manglik dosh can happen when one of the prospective partner's Manglik dosha is high or low level. Apart from this a person whose Manglik Dosha is of the high level then such person face the problem of delayed marriage or may end up with no marriage at all. In such cases, the only solution is Mangal Dosha remedy to ward off the impacts of Manglik Dosha. Even if you match two yog and they have Manglik Dosha it is recommended that they should be of the same level.
- Kumbh Vivah - As per this ritual, the Manglik person marries banana tree, Peepal tree or the idol of Lord Vishnu, silver or gold.
- Fasting - Mangliks are also advised to fast on Tuesday. Mangliks should consume Toor Daal.
- Chanting Mantras - Reciting Navgrah mantra or Mangal mantra on Tuesday can reduce the impact. Reciting Gayatri mantra 108 times a day is also effective.
- Gemstones - Mangliks are advised to wear red coral gold ring on the ring finger of right hand.
- Marriage after 28 - Mangliks should get married after the age of 28, it is believed that the effect of this dosh lowers down with the age.